SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital-Audrain Board of Trustees meeting was held on Thursday, May 28 in the Administrative Conference Room.
Attending were Sterling Oliver, Acting Chairman; Peter Peril, M.D., Treasurer, and Sarah Dickherber, Member; Kari Wilson, Vice President of Clinical Services/COO/CNO; and Renae Rowe, Executive Assistant. Members absent were Bill Dubbert, Chairman; and Jo Ellen Craghead, Secretary.
Peter Peril, M.D. presented the May trustee inspection report. He reported that he and David Schulte inspected the following areas:
• The kitchen area was toured. A new dishwasher will be installed.
• Roofs of several buildings were inspected.
• The third floor area where the geropsych unit will be located was toured. The project completion is now projected for February or March 2016.
• A walkthrough was done of the storage area on the fourth floor.
• The new geropsych unit when completed will be a 21 bed unit.
• The new electronic health record is scheduled to go live on June 6. Wilson explained the voice recognition feature available to physicians and MyCharts which will allow patients to access their own medical records.
• Physician recruitment continues. Dr. Kothary will be joining Dr. Simon McKeown in August at Mexico Family Health Care. Raylene Eisele, a nurse practitioner, also joined that practice. In August, a prospective geriatrician/family practice physician will be joining the medical staff. Interviews are being held with a couple nurse practitioners for Paris and Perry. Pediatric recruitment continues.
There was no Old Business to report. There was no New Business to report.
Wilson reviewed the April Audrain County Hospital financials.
Oliver shared a thank you note sent by Dave Neuendorf. There being no further discussion, the meeting was adjourned.