Two Van-Far students were among those who met the qualifications and who received their personal invitation delivered by their sending school administrators into the Hart Career Center Chapter of the National Technical Honor Society.
The students were required to have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 at their sending high school, a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in their HCC program exhibit a 95% or higher attendance at HCC, and achieve excellent behavior record. Students must also be a concentrator at least three semesters.
After meeting the above mentioned qualifications they must be nominated by their program instructor as meeting the character requirements of quality service, leadership, honesty, career development, and skilled workmanship.
The formal initiation ceremony will be held on Monday, March 13 beginning at 7 p.m. in Emmons Hall. The public is invited to this ceremony.
The following students received their invitations:
• Richard Beatty-Van-Far-Computer Service
• Jace Gay-Van-Far-Diesel
• Carlene Allen-North Callaway-Cosmetology
• Trenton Brandl-Paris-Diesel
• Abbygayle Jones-Mexico-Agriculture
• Chase Monte-Mexico-Agriculture
• Raegan Samm-Mexico-Agriculture
• Jonathan Taylor-Mexico-Computer Science
• Antonio Williams-Mexico- Computer Science