Vandalia Leader

Follow Us On:


Posted on Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 7:36 am

On the morning of May 29, 2015, Robert “Bob” Ervin Barber passed away at Northeast Regional Hospital in Kirksville Mo., after a long fight with medical illnesses. Bob was 65 years old.
“Bob” was born the son of Johnnie Ervin Barber and Nina Mae Clithero (nee Kniepfel )in Antioch California September 4, 1949.
Bob Barber was preceded in death by his father Johnnie Barber, of Linn Mo.; his grandparents Wilford and Freta Barber, of Vandalia Mo.; granddaughter Kelsey L. Barber, of Hermann, Mo.;  great-grandson Levi Fenton, of Kirksville Mo.; and  great-grandson Trevor Dotson, of Hermann Mo.
Bob is survived by his wife Carol Barber, of Kirksville, Mo.; sons Anthony Barber and wife Rebecca, children Abagail Helfrich and Eley, of New Haven, Mo.; Curtis Barber and wife Laura, children Samuel and Katie, of Troy Mo.; Tim Barber and wife Diana, children Gabriel and Donnie, of Troy Mo.; and Brent Barber and wife Rita, daughter Eli, of Troy Mo.; atep-son Brian Fenton and wife Christie, son Zach, of Kirksville Mo.; and step-daughter Gwen Sizemore and husband Tim, children Arial, Vanessa, Rhianna, and Jasaline, of Kirksville, Mo.; mother Nina Clithero (nee Kniepfel) and husband Benny, of Vandalia Mo.; sister Pat Hulse and husband Jim, of Linn Mo. and their  daughters, Ashley Robertson and husband Jake, of Jefferson City Mo., children Erissa and Liam; and other daughter, Kayla Hulse, of Linn, Mo.; daughter Leshia. He is also survived by many any aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family, and friends.
Bob has been a longtime resident of Kirksville, Mo., where he worked for 25+ years at Hollister in the electrical maintenance department and as owner of Barber Electric. Bob gave back to his community by his involvement with local churches, was a member of the South Side Baptist Church, and as Scout Master for Boy Scouts Troop 404 for 10 years. He was also a avid outdoorsman spending his free time fishing, hunting, and camping.
Visitation with the family was held from 4-7 p.m. on Monday, June 1 at the Davis-Playle-Hudson-Rimer Funeral Home. No funeral service will be held.