This year’s Vandalia Area Fair Dinner Auction Fundraiser was a success on Saturday night as more than $7,500 was raised. With a yearly insurance ($3,754) and bank payment ($4,250) needing to be paid annually, the $7,502.82 raised from the auction and meal help the Vandalia Area Fair mostly take care of two major expenses.
This year’s event started with a Fish Fry and Ham Dinner, a silent auction, then the 6:30 Live Auction. Performer Debra Ingram entertained the large crowd in attendance at the Sacred Heart Parish Center. The biggest seller from this year’s event were 40 units of Channel Beans, donated by Shannon and Felicity Culwell, Jr., which sold for $1,300.
Other big sellers were:
• $25-Cake donated by Doris Nation
• $45-Bag of Dog Feed donated by Kevin Motley Family
• $60-Cookies donated by Vickie Wright
• $70-Coat Rack with hooks from the Old South School donated by Marty Nation
• $130-Famous Money Jar donated by Mary Jones
• $585-3 bags of Pioneer Seed Corn donated by Chad Wallace