Middletown is set to host its 124th Annual Reunion this Saturday, August 13 with the theme “Fun in the Sun, The Middletown Way.”
The event begins with the GFWC Harmony Club Flower Show as the entry of flowers take place from 8:30-9:30 a.m.
Prize money must be picked up immediately after 10 a.m. judging in the Community Building.
The large list of categories includes:
• Division I Arrangements-”Proud to be an American” (red, white, and blue), “As You Like It” (exhibitor’s choice) and “Hometown Celebration” (mass arrangement)
• Division II Adult Specimens and classes for roses (red, pink, bi-color, miniature, any); coneflower; dahlia; lilies; small and large zinnias; small and large marigolds; petunia; sunflower; and open.
• Division III Junior Arrangements-”Lazy Days of Summer” (flowers and foliage), “Vacation Time” (your choice), “Back to School” (shades of yellow and orange), and “Meet Me at the Pool” (mass arrangement)
• Division IV Junior Specimens and classes for small and large marigolds; small and large zinnias; petunia; sunflower; and open.
• Division V Potted Plants including those for non-blooming, blooming, and unusual plant
• Division VI Vegetables including tomatoes (plate of four); potatoes (plate of four); and collection of vegetables
• Division VII Canned Items featuring tomatoes, green beans, cucumber pickle, any other pickle, jelly, jam, fruit, and open.
Following the Flower Show will be the 11 a.m. parade with a 10:30 a.m. registration at the school. The Kid’s Parade will meet at Caldwell and Main by 10:45 a.m.
The Kid’s Parade will have prizes for boys’ and girls’ best decorated tricycle, boys and girls best decorated bicycle, best decorated doll buggies, pets, clowns, and miniature float.
There will be games and prizes for kids starting at 1 p.m., the same time the Washer Tournament begins. Sign-up for that event is 12:30 p.m.
The Wellsville-Middletown FFA is sponsoring the Greased Pig Contest at 2 p.m., which will be followed by the Egg Toss and Hula Hoop Contest.
Registrations will be taken at 2:30 p.m. for the 3 p.m. Baby Show.
A Kid’s Pedal Pull also starts at 3 p.m.
At 4 p.m., there will be a Cross Cut Saw Contest for ages 16 and older.
An Egg Drop will start at 5 p.m. before the Outhouse Races begin at 6 p.m. The entry fee is $10 per team.
The Bale Throw will follow the Outhouse Races.
Music will be provided by Russell Gerling from 7-10 p.m.
The food stand will be open and serving fish squares, hamburgers, hot dogs, and pork steak all day long.
There will also be a Beer Garden, Chicken Poop Raffle, 50/50 Raffle, Cake Walk, and a Rubber Chicken Contest.