The University of Missouri Extension offers a Jan. 31 evening session on farm leases throughout the state.
“Farm leases are a hot topic right now with cash rents at their current level and crop prices dropping,” said Joe Koenen, agricultural business specialist with MU Extension. “Property owners and tenants need to make certain they are getting what they believe they should be.” Koenen is a longtime presenter on fair farm leases.
• Current cash rent trends in Missouri.
• Creating a lease.
• Terminating a lease.
• Recreational (hunting) leases.
• Livestock leases.
• Crop share leases.
The program is presented via Zoom or Skype with instructors at each site. Attendees have opportunities to interact with presenters. There is a charge of $30 per person or $45 per couple or two people from the same organization. A light meal and one copy of materials are provided per fee. Register by January 29.
The program runs 6-9 p.m. Dates and locations are:
• Princeton, MU Extension Center in Mercer County, 807 E. Hickland St.
• Macon, MU Extension Center in Macon County, 407 N. Missouri St., Suites A and B.
• Fulton, MU Extension Center in Callaway County, 5803 County Road 302.
• Linn, Osage County Community Center, 1811 Highway 50.
Contact Koenen at 660-947-2705 or email@example.com for more information and to register. For more than 100 years, University of Missouri Extension has extended university-based knowledge beyond the campus into all counties of the state. In doing so, extension has strengthened families, businesses and communities.