The Collector’s Annual Settlement for Audrain County has been certified with the county clerk’s office and sent to the Missouri Department of Revenue for the required annual reporting.
According to the settlement, there were a total of $23,319.257.77 in charges, $23,321,450.28 in credits, and $22,166,031.18 in distributions.
The school districts received the largest amount at $13,423,472.20 and include Mexico, Centralia, Sturgeon, Community R-VI, Wellsville, Van-Far, North Callaway, and Middlegrove.
The second highest total was $1,611,094.33 in the distribution code for “Special Road and Bridge.”
Notable items standing out in the report include $1,099,467.04 for total delinquents, $243,969.12 in total protested, and $55,657.43 in total abatements.
Other notable distributions include:
• General Revenue-county revenue, $800,975.22
• Health Center-AMC, $645,087.65
• Fire District (Little Dixie, Wellsville and Martinsburg)-$427,984.58
• Cities (Mexico, Vandalia, Farber, Martinsburg, Rush Hill, Laddonia, and Benton City)-$1,179,517.68
• Village Tax, railroad and utility: All cities above and Vandiver Village-$169,530.22
Read the rest of the story in this week’s issue of The Vandalia Leader or purchase an electronic edition.