The following churches submitted service details for Sunday, May 29:
• The United Methodist Church will meet Sunday at 8:45 a.m. for Sunday School and Worship service at 10 a.m. beginning with the lighting of the altar candles and including congregational singing, as well as special music, and a “Children’s Time.” Pastor Helen McFarland will give a sermon entitled, “The Fire Still Burns.”
• The First Presbyterian Church will meet for Sunday School at 9 a.m. and Worship with guest minister Brenda Waters at 10 a.m. The ushers will be Alan Adam and Dalton Buie. The greeters will be Delores and Jason Deppe.
• The Farber Baptist Church will meet Wednesday, May 25 at 7 p.m. for Discipleship Training and Prayer. On Sunday, May 29, they will meet at 9:30 a.m. for Sunday School. Tom Prior is the director. They will have Morning Worship at 10:30 a.m. with the Lord’s Supper during the service. At 6 p.m., choir practice will be held and at 6:30 p.m., Evening Worship will be held.
• Freindship Baptist Church-The Sunday School and morning worship attendance on May 22 was about the same as the previous week. The congregation rejoiced as several members were with us this week who had not been able to attend for quite some time. Also, we were happy to see those with us who seldom miss. God truly blessed us in the services.
This week, on Wednesday, May 25, at 7 p.m., Pastor Glenn Forman will lead a brief Bible study on prayer followed by the weekly interactive prayer service. Also, at 7 p.m. each Wednesday, Mrs. Kristy Schott leads the “Patch the Pirate Club” (PPC). PPC is for children ages 4-12. In PPC children sing scripture songs, participate an age-appropriate Bible study and other Bible activities. Mrs. Kristy Schott is assisted by Mrs. Virginia Rivers. Bro. Ron Schott leads the Youth Group each Wednesday at 7 p.m. and he is assisted by Bro. Alan Larson.
Our morning Sunday School has space available for any who are interested in Bible study. Sunday School begins each week at 9:30 a.m. Morning Worship begins at 10:45 a.m.
This Sunday we will have a guest speaker, Bro. Zack LaRue from the state of Mississippi. Bro. LaRue is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Elwood LaRue. He will bring the morning message. The worship service will feature songs from the hymnbook led by Mrs. Kristy Schott. This Sunday she will bring special music prior to the morning message.
For something special for Memorial Day, all in attendance who have family members who are presently serving or have previously served in the Armed Forces are asked to send photographs by e-mail to Pastor Forman or Bro. Ron Schott (Please get your pictures in as soon as possible).
On Sunday evening, all churches in the area are invited to bring solos, ensembles, or choir selections. We also welcome special readings or prerecorded music. GA’s (Girls Auxiliary) will also meet at 6 p.m. The GA’s are led by Mrs. Valory Wright.
For more information regarding the ministries of Friendship Baptist Church, visit the church website www.friendshipbaptistmexico.net. Please call the church office 573-581-4038 for information, recordings of our services, or to arrange transportation to our services.
• Faith Tabernacle COGIC will have a Memory Walk, “For those who have gone on before” on Saturday, June 25 beginning at 8 a.m. Walkers will gather on Main Street and walk to the church, after which will be a prayer brunch and fellowship. Needed are walkers, sponsors, and supporters. For more information, call 573-985-3241 or 573-719-9483. Faith Tabernacle COGIC, 907 West Home Street, will host Vacation Bible School from Tuesday, June 14-Friday, June 17. If you are interested in your child attending, please call for enrollment by May 25.
Call 573-985-3241 or 573-719-9483.