• The Vandalia United Methodist Church on Wednesday, September 28 at 7 p.m. will host a Listening Session with the District Superintendent.
On Thursday, September 29, the Sewing Group will meet at 1 p.m.
On Saturday, October 1 at 1 p.m., the Bishop Farr Installation will be at the Missouri UMC in Columbia.
On Sunday, October 2 at 8:45 a.m., Sunday School will take place followed by the Worship Service at 10 a.m.
On Tuesday, October 4, the TOPS Meeting will take place at 5 p.m. and the Cub Scout Meeting will be at 6:45 p.m.
• At Vandalia First Presbyterian Church on Sunday, October 2, a New Member Class and Sunday School will take place at 9 a.m. That will be followed at 10 a.m. by World Communion Sunday Worship with the Reverend Joel Montgomery. The ushers for the day will be Becky Deppe and Shelly McAfee and the greeters for the day will be Richard and Gaytha Webber.
On Tuesday, October 4 at 10 a.m., participants will meet at the church to pack school bags and food boxes for the “Festival of Sharing.”
• At Farber Baptist Church, on Wednesday, September 28, an Outreach will be held passing out flyers and calendars at 6 p.m. and followed by Prayer Service at the church.
On Sunday, October 2 at 9:30 a.m., Sunday School with Superintendent Tom Prior will be held. At 10:30 a.m., the Worship Service will follow. At 6:30-7 p.m. an “Inspiration Night” music concert will be presented by the Hannibal LaGrange University Chapel Musicians. At 7 p.m., Brad Newbold, director of Chapel Worship, will be speaking with refreshments following.
On Wednesday, October 5 at 6:30 p.m., the Deacon’s Meeting will take place and at 7 p.m., Discipleship Training will be followed by the Business Meeting.
• Plans are being finalized for the Revival services to be held at the New Harmony Christian Church October 6-9. Services will begin at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with JoAnn Raney bring special music each evening and leading the singing. Guest speakers will be Greg Wyble on Thursday, the Reverend Beau Underwood on Friday, and the Reverend Linda Chenoweth on Saturday. There will be time of fellowship following the service each evening.
Regular worship services will be held on Sunday morning at 9 a.m. with the Reverend Chenoweth bringing the message. A carry-in meal (meat provided) will be held at 12:15 p.m. on Sunday. Everyone is welcome to attend.
The Youth Group is busy collecting items for “Operation Christmas Child.” They are planning a packing party on Sunday, October 23 complete with Christmas music and a hot chocolate bar.
The CWF group is making plans for the Lord’s Acre Sale to be held on November 12.
• Services at Friendship Baptist were really fun this past Sunday. Forty-seven were counted in Sunday School and over 70 were in attendance for morning worship.
The morning worship attendance ballooned as guests began arriving for the wedding which followed at 12:15 p.m.
As announcements were being made, those having birthdays and anniversaries in the month of September were recognized. Pastor Glenn Forman presented a great message entitled “Do We Care For Souls?” with a text from Psalm 147:4 and scripture reading from Isaiah 6. Mrs. Kristy Schott presented a solo “Adonai.” It was a great service!
The church family was joined by friends and family for the wedding of Melody Brown and Jason Hoover at 12:15 p.m . A reception for the newly-wed couple was held in the church fellowship hall.
During the wedding reception, several church members prepared a picnic with hot dogs and hamburgers grilled by our church men including Harold Vansikle, Rance Vanskike, Mike Lust, and Charlie Baker. The picnic was held at the shelter on the southwest edge of Teal Lake. The young couple and their entourage joined the picnic after enjoying their cake and punch reception.
After our big day with morning service, a wedding, reception, and picnic, no services were held on Sunday evening.
On Wednesday, September 28, at 7 p.m., Pastor Forman will lead a brief scripture lesson on prayer followed by the weekly interactive prayer service. Also, at 7 p.m. each Wednesday, Mrs. Kristy Schott leads the “Patch the Pirate Club” (PPC). PPC is for children from age 4-12. In PPC, children sing scripture songs, participate an age appropriate Bible study, and other Bible activities. Mrs. Kristy Schott is assisted by Mrs. Virginia Rivers. Bro. Ron Schott leads the Youth Group each Wednesday at 7 p.m., and he is assisted by Bro. Alan Larson.
We ask you to make plans and join us this week for Bible Study. Sunday School begins at 9:30 a.m. Morning Worship begins at 10:45 a.m. Each week during the morning service a “Noisy Offering” is collected from the crowd by our young children. This offering is designated to a different mission project each month. Smiles are on the faces of the children and adults as the offering is collected. Morning worship will feature a challenging message from our pastor. Brother Forman brings a stirring message each week straight from the Bible. The congregation will be led in singing hymns from the hymn book by Mrs. Kristy Schott. This Sunday morning, special music will be presented by Isaiah Schott prior to the morning message.
On Sunday evening at 6 p.m., Pastor Forman will bring a Bible message after Mrs. Schott leads the congregation in hymns. Special music will be presented by Mrs. Diane Baker prior to the evening message. RA’s and GA’s will meet at 6 p.m. The children’s mission education is led by Mrs. Valory Wright.
Tuesday, October 4 will be the first night of our Fall Revival. The Reverend Bob Knight will be bringing the message both Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. We’re praying and expecting to see our church and the community renewed during the Revival on October 4-9.
Visit our website or Facebook page for more information regarding the ministries of Friendship Baptist Church. Our website is www.friendshipbaptistmexico.net. Please call the church office 573-581-4038 for information, recordings of our services, or to arrange transportation to services.