The following churches have sent in updates to their weekly schedules:
• Vandalia First Presbyterian Church will have Chancel Choir at 5:15 p.m. on Wednesday, December 14.
On Sunday, December 18, which is the fourth Sunday in Advent, Sunday School will meet at 9 a.m. The Choral and Children’s Christmas Program will take place at 10 a.m. A carry-in dinner will follow worship, and following that will be an Open House at the manse. The ushers for the day will be Deana Bybee and Justin Hopke. The greeters will be Ed and Brenda Babb.
On Wednesday, December 21, the Longest Night Service will be at 7 p.m.
• Elm Grove Baptist Church will have a change in the Worship Service time for Christmas Day only to 8:30-9:30 a.m., Sunday, December 25.
• New Harmony will present a Christmas Program on Saturday, December 17 at 4 p.m.
The Abba’s Group (the Youth Group) has been practicing for several weeks and looks forward to sharing the message of Christmas with others.
Everyone is invited to stay for the soup supper to follow. Soups will be provided and those attending are invited to bring sandwiches and desserts to add to the meal.
• The Vandalia Methodist Church’s Sewing Group will meet at 1 p.m. on Thursday, December 15.
On Sunday, December 18 at 8:45 a.m., Sunday School Classes will be held and following those, at 10 a.m., the Worship Service will take place.
On Tuesday, December 20, the TOPS group will meet at 5 p.m. and the Cub Scout Meeting will follow at 6:45 p.m.
On Saturday, December 24 at 11 p.m., the church will have a Christmas Eve Candle Light Service.
On Christmas Day, December 25 at 8:45 a.m., Sunday School classes will meet and at 10 a.m., the Worship Service will take place.
• The Farber Christian Church will have Sunday School classes at 9:30 a.m. followed by the Worship Service at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, December 18.
A Christmas Eve Service will be held on Saturday, December 24 at 5:30 p.m.
On Christmas Sunday, December 25, Sunday School will be held at 9:30 a.m., followed by the Worship Service led by Pastor Dan Smith at 10:30 a.m.