• New Harmony Christian Church will host the Lord’s Acre Sale this Saturday, November 12. Supper will be served 5-7 p.m. with the auction to follow. Many items will be available including quilts, homemade crafts, baked goods, etc. The monies raised will be used for upkeep of the church and various mission projects throughout the coming year.
The Youth Group has begun practicing for the Christmas program and are doing the final packing of boxes for Operation Christmas Child.
New Harmony will be hosting the Community Thanksgiving Service on Sunday, November 20, with a service at 5 p.m. Parishioners from both the Baptist and Presbyterian Churches in Curryville will join them for this service. A meal will be served following the service. The Reverend Janice Montgomery from the Curryville Presbyterian Church will be bringing the message. Everyone is invited to attend.
• First Presbyterian Church will host KidzConnect on Wednesday, November 9 from 2-4 p.m.
Also, on Wednesday, the Bell Choir will meet at 4:30 p.m. and the Adult Choir will meet at 5:15.
On Sunday, November 13, the New Member class and Sunday School will both meet at 9 a.m. The Worship Service with the Reverend Joel Montgomery will begin at 10 a.m. The congregational meeting will follow the Worship Service. The ushers for the day will be Alan Adam and Dalton Buie. The greeters for the day will be Gary Rahmeyer and Frank Wallace.
Session will meet on Monday, November 14 at 7 p.m.
• The Vandalia United Methodist Church will have the Ministry Team meeting on Wednesday, November 9 at 7 p.m.
On Thursday, November 10, at 1 p.m., the Sewing Group will meet.
On Sunday, November 13, Sunday School will take place at 8:45 a.m. The Worship Service will be at 10 a.m. and the “Pie-in-the-Sky” Dinner and Family Movie Night will begin at 4:30 p.m.
The Monday Study Club will meet at 2 p.m. on Monday, November 14.
The TOPS Meeting will be at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, November 15 and it will be followed by the Cub Scout meeting at 6:45 p.m.
• Unity Outreach, at 210 S. Main Street, in Vandalia, is a spiritual outreach to the community. Call 573-594-2152.
On Monday, 6:30-7:30 p.m., “Addiction Free In Christ” will meet.
On Sunday, 10-11 a.m., Praise and Worship will take place and at 6-7 p.m., Bible Study will be held except every third Sunday.
• At Friendship Baptist Church, on Sunday, November 6, 51 attendees were counted in Sunday School; Morning Worship had an attendance of 78. The congregation was led in the singing of hymns by Mrs. Kristy Schott. Pastor Glenn Forman delivered a message entitled “Marching Orders,” with a text of Matthew 28:18-20. Mrs. Betty Bridgewater presented a medley of songs prior to the morning message
On Sunday evening at 6 p.m., there were 26 adults in attendance. During the service, Pastor Forman and his wife Freeda assisted Kristy in presenting a special song, “I’ll Talk To The Father,” before the evening message. Following the special song, a video of the Missouri Baptist Convention Annual Sermon by The Reverend Ron Ratliff, pastor of 10th Street Baptist Church, of Trenton, Mo. was viewed. RAs and GAs met at 6 p.m. There were four in attendance for Mission Education led by Mrs. Valory Wright.
Please join us on November 13 for Sunday School beginning at 9:30 a.m. Morning Worship begins at 10:45 a.m. During the morning service, a “Noisy Offering” will be collected from the crowd by our young children. The noisy offering will be designated for support of Samaritan’s Purse “Operation Christmas Child.” The morning message will be delivered by Pastor Forman. The congregation will be led in singing hymns by Mrs. Schott. Sunday morning special music will be presented by Mrs. Sheri Beasley.
On Sunday evening, November 6 at 6 p.m., Kristy Schott will lead the congregation in singing hymns and provide special music before Pastor Forman brings the message. RAs and GAs will meet at 6 p.m. The children’s mission education is led by Mrs. Valory Wright.
Upcoming November events
On November 20 at 6 p.m., Titus Khamala, from Kenya, East Africa, will be our guest. He will bring us an update on the ongoing work of Cornerstone Missions in his homeland.
On November 21 at 6 p.m., the Friendship Circle (Senior Adults) will meet for a carry-in meal).
On November 27, the church will provide the fried chicken main course for the monthly birthday-anniversary recognition noon meal.
Visit our website or Facebook page for more information regarding the ministries of Friendship Baptist Church. Our website is www.friendshipbaptistmexico.net. Please call the church office 573-581-4038 for information, recordings of our services, or to arrange transportation to services.