Ministerial Alliance set Lenten services
The community Lenten Services, sponsored by the Vandalia Ministerial Alliance, begins on March 5. All services will be held at the First Christian Church Fellowship Hall from noon-1 p.m. Churches will attempt to utilize associate ministers to showcase new ministries.
The schedule dates are as follows:
• March 5-First Christian Church, Jamie Franke
• March 12-Methodist Church, Helen McFarlane
• March 19-Spencer Creek, Bob Hoehn
• March 26-Second Missionary Baptist Church , Jeffrey Mims/Geriod Davis
• April 2- Beacon of Hope, Dean Fry
• April 9- First Baptist, Mike Bartter/Adas Jacyna
• April 18-Good Friday – First Presbyterian, Joel Montgomery
Each church is responsible to provide a light lunch (such as soup, salad, and sandwiches) on the day of their speaker. Donations will be received on each day of the service for operation of the alliance.
This is a community wide service and all are encouraged to attend.
The VAHS asks that church members remind their congregations of the upcoming services and encourage all to attend.